1.17.2011

Albums I Bought in 2010

Over the past year I began experiencing a feeling of guilt over my contribution (or lack thereof) to the music world. Thanks to the wonders of the internet I haven't had to pay for an album in years. I also can't recall the last time I payed to attend a live show, as it's remarkably easy to get guest-listed at the majority of venues I attend. So this year I decided to start giving back in the most direct way I could think of. Each time a band I'm a fan of played in town I'd go to their show and buy a vinyl record. Often times I was directly handing the cash over to a band member. I have now started accumulating vinyl versions of my favorite albums. There are plenty more albums from 2010 I need to purchase. Mp3's will have to tide me over til they come to Portland again.

I have still yet to purchase a record player though... Soon enough.

No comments: